Job Posting - Assistant Agency Manager
Job Title: Assistant Agency Manager
Located in Davenport, IA
The Eastern Iowa Grain Inspection and Weighing Service is currently seeking an Assistant Agency Manager. Under the direction of the Agency Manager, this individual will ensure compliance with federal regulations and company policies and assist with the day-to-day operations of the company. This individual must be a USDA / FGIS licensed grain inspector.
This position is exempt and reports to the Agency Manager.
Essential Functions to be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of all departments and locations to determine needs and resolve operational issues
- Monitor Company's compliance with FGIS, OSHA, FDA and EPA regulations and standards
- Monitor compliance with company policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensures overall efficiency of facilities and equipment
- Identify and improve efficiency and safety of operations
- Develop, implement and maintain a Safety Manual
- Coordinate with management on employee and customer service issues
- Assist managers in determining staffing needs
- Meet with various federal agency representatives
- Educate and train managers and employees at each location to ensure compliance with OSHA and FDA regulations and standards
- Work with Agency QAS to ensure quality assurance and reporting requirements for FGIS
- In the absence of the Agency Manager, assumes agency manager responsibilities
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, including software and industry specific program
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the preferred minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalency degree, plus at least 7 years of experience in the grain inspection industry and 3 years management experience with direct reports
- Accurate data entry skills required
- Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office
- Sound understanding of safety, OSHA, EPA, and FDA regulations and guidelines
- Proven leadership and excellent customer services skills
- Strong sense of integrity with the ability to clearly communicate and set an example for standards with other employees
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and other qualifications:
- Must possess the applicable federal sampler, weigher, and inspector licenses at the time of hire
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and meet the insurability requirement of the Company’s motor vehicle insurance carrier
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use both hands to finger, handle, feel, carry, and operate tools; use both hands, arms and shoulders to reach overhead, talk and hear; and drive a motor vehicle. Employee is occasionally required to crawl, crouch, climb and balance on ladders, stairs and high places; swing a pelican to lift samples out of heavily flowing grin; and lift, push/pull or move up to 50 pounds individually, and over 100 pounds with assistance.
Travel Requirement: Approximately 75% travel, primarily to EIGIS offices and occasionally to industry meetings and conferences.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions when traveling, and occasionally exposed to high places; fumes or airborne particles; and moving mechanical parts, vehicles and equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
EIGIS offers: Competitive Salary, plus a very attractive benefits package, including 401(k), PTO, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA (medical and dependent care), STD, LTD, and Life and AD&D Insurance.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No calls/walk-ins please
EOE – Minorities encouraged to apply